Construction Worker Dies on First Day at Sofia Site
The construction worker, who died after a scaffolding collapsed in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, was just hired by the company, executing the project.
Marian Gotieres, 25, died on the spot at 9 am on Saturday, his first day on the construction site of a business building nearby the well-known Tokuda hospital.
The workers were just about to pour concrete when the scaffolding collapsed, burying one of them.
The men most probably did not wear helmets and the scaffolding was not safe.
The man who died did not have a labor contract signed with the company, executing the project – Strabag, according to media reports.
Labor safety experts commented for local Nova TV channel that Marian did nothing wrong, the problem was with the scaffolding, which was not solid enough.
An investigation into the case has been launched.
- » Father of Bulgarian Teenage Protester Faces Questioning
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Remains State Property
- » Majority of Bulgarians Support Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
- » Heavy North European Storm Claims First Victims
- » Eight Protesters Detained in Bulgaria’s Capital Sofia