Scaffolding Collapse in Bulgaria's Capital Kills Worker
A construction worker has died and another two have been injured after a scaffolding collapsed in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
The accident occurred on the construction site of a business building nearby the well-known Tokuda hospital on Saturday morning.
The two injured workers have been hospitalized and have received medical treatment. Their lives are out of danger.
The workers were just about to pour concrete when the scaffolding collapsed, burying one of them.
The men most probably did not wear helmets and the scaffolding was not safe.
The man who died is believed to be 25 years old. He did not have a labor contract signed with the company, executing the project – Strabag, according to media reports.
An investigation into the case has been launched.
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year
- » Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014