Egypt's PM Wants Muslim Brotherhood Dissolved
Egypt’s interim prime minister has proposed legally dissolving the Muslim Brotherhood, which has been demanding ousted leader Mohammed Morsi be reinstated.
The Brotherhood has called for daily demonstrations since a crackdown on its protest camps in Cairo on Wednesday left hundreds of people dead.
The interim prime minister has proposed to legally disband the Brotherhood to the minister of social affairs - the ministry responsible for licensing non-governmental organisations, a government spokesman said.
The idea is currently being studied by the government.
- » Nelson Mandela Memorial Service List of Attendees
- » Ban Ki-Moon: Mandela's Lesson is for All Humankind
- » Steady Rain Delays Mandela Memorial Service
- » Nelson Mandela Memorial Ceremony Opens with Interfaith Prayer
- » Ashton Arrives in Kiev in Attempt to Mend Tensions
- » Another Lenin Statue Toppled in Ukraine