Zlatanova to Act as Bulgaria's PM During Oresharski's Leave
Bulgaria's Vice-PM Zinaida Zlatanova will act as the country's PM during the 7-day August leave of PM Plamen Oresharski.
Bulgaria's cabinet will not cease work during August, with ministers taking short leaves in turns.
The Bulgarian Parliament, on its part, has come out on summer recess until September 4, only reconvening last Friday to overthrow a presidential veto on a recent budget revision.
Since June 14, Bulgaria's capital Sofia has been gripped by large anti-government protests after a string of controversial appointments.
The rallies have however abated with parliament's recess, with protesters promising to return to the streets in September.
Vice-PM Zinaida Zlatanova is Minister of Justice, and is also in charge of coordination amongst government agencies in the absorption of EU funds.
In the past, she has worked as representative of the European Commision to Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists
- » Socialist MP: Bulgaria's Parliament Won't Complete 4-Year Term
- » 50 Sign Founding Declaration of New Bulgarian 'Pomak' Party