New Self-Immolation Attempted in Bulgaria
An elderly woman in the Bulgarian town of Kazanlak attempted the latest in a string of self-immolations that have shocked the country.
The woman entered Saturday morning the office of a mobile phone operator with a container of flamable liquid in her hand and said she is going to set herself on fire.
Luckily, she fainted before committing the act, and a medical and police team dispatched to the site rescued her.
An investigation is under way.
A string of self-immolations perpetrated by people in dire economic and existential situations has in Bulgaria since early 2013.
- » Bulgaria's Interior Admits about Unrest at Refugee Center on Nov 30
- » UNHCR Warns about Rising Xenophobia in Bulgaria
- » Streamlining Education, Business Among Bulgaria’s Priorities
- » Strong Winds Heading to Bulgaria
- » Father of Bulgarian Teenage Protester Faces Questioning
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Remains State Property