Bulgaria's Ex PM: Socialist Leader Wife - Back Seat Ruler
Bulgaria’s Socialist party is ruled not by its leader Sergey Stanishev, but by his wife, arch enemy Boyko Borisov claims.
“Small surprise Stanishev is so nervous. It is not easy to be a puppet in the hands of somebody else, who is pulling the strings, in his case Monika Yosifova.”
Borisov, former prime minister and leader of the center-right GERB party, spoke from the parliamentary rostrum during the debates over the presidential veto of the budget revision.
Monika Yosifova hit the headlines at the begging of last year following allegations of her involvement in the Hochegger case.
PR consultant Peter Hochegger was investigated in Austria on suspicions of bribing high-level public officials.
Hochegger has admitted that he worked on two projects with the Bulgarian government, one worth EUR 500 000 and another one worth around EUR 1 M.
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists
- » Socialist MP: Bulgaria's Parliament Won't Complete 4-Year Term
- » 50 Sign Founding Declaration of New Bulgarian 'Pomak' Party