Bulgarian Border Authorities Detain 20 Middle East Illegal Migrants
Bulgarian border authorities have detained 20 illegal migrants from the Middle East trying to enter the country from Turkey.
A group of 6 men without IDs on them, who said they are Palestinian citizens, were detained in the area of the Lesovo checkpoint.
Another group of 13 people, including men, women and children, who said they come from Syria, were detained later in a field nearby the Golyam Dervent village.
Two guest officers from Estonia took part in the patrol, as part of the Poseidon 2013 - Land Borders operation by FRONTEX.
In a separate incident, Bulgarian border officers detained a Turkish citizen with a valid ID, who had crossed in illegally.
- » Earthquake Stronger Than Magnitude 7 to Hit Turkey’s Marmara Region in Near Future
- » Huge Tree Falls on Car in Sofia
- » Mostly Sunny weather, with Clouds in Afternoon, NIMH
- » Harry Potter's Birthplace in Lavenham Listed for Sale for Almost £1m
- » 10th Edition of the Festival of Folklore Costumes Begins in Zheravna
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Christians Honor St. Ivan Rilski