Bulgarian Border Authorities Detain 20 Middle East Illegal Migrants
Bulgarian border authorities have detained 20 illegal migrants from the Middle East trying to enter the country from Turkey.
A group of 6 men without IDs on them, who said they are Palestinian citizens, were detained in the area of the Lesovo checkpoint.
Another group of 13 people, including men, women and children, who said they come from Syria, were detained later in a field nearby the Golyam Dervent village.
Two guest officers from Estonia took part in the patrol, as part of the Poseidon 2013 - Land Borders operation by FRONTEX.
In a separate incident, Bulgarian border officers detained a Turkish citizen with a valid ID, who had crossed in illegally.
- » If You Love the Sun, Beaches and Exotic Places This Job Offer is For You!
- » Scientists have Discovered the Exact Amount of Money that Can Buy Happiness
- » The First Plants Appeared 500 Million Years Ago
- » Body of an Elderly Man Emerged on the Burgas Beach
- » The Oscar-nominated Bulgarian: Our Government is Fake
- » Western Clinics Avoid Accepting Bulgarians