Bulgarian Boxing Star Pulev Gets New Mandatory Challenger
English boxer Dereck Chisora has been declared the mandatory challenger to Bulgarian European Heavyweight Champion Kubrat Pulev.
Chisora’s promoter Frank Warren has added the 29-year-old to the big Copper Box Arena show on Saturday 21st September that features Billy Joe Saunders’ British Middleweight title showdown against rival John Ryder, according to BoxingNews24.
Pulev is unbeaten in 17 fights with 9 knockouts. He won the title in May last year by knocking out Alexander Dimitrenko in eleven rounds and then knocked out Alexander Ustinov in September in eleven rounds in the first defence.
The Bulgarian is currently IBF International Heavyweight champion (2011) and European Boxing Union heavyweight champion (2012).
He was awarded the prize of Bulgarian athlete of the year for 2012.
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings