Bulgarian Boxing Star Pulev Gets New Mandatory Challenger
English boxer Dereck Chisora has been declared the mandatory challenger to Bulgarian European Heavyweight Champion Kubrat Pulev.
Chisora’s promoter Frank Warren has added the 29-year-old to the big Copper Box Arena show on Saturday 21st September that features Billy Joe Saunders’ British Middleweight title showdown against rival John Ryder, according to BoxingNews24.
Pulev is unbeaten in 17 fights with 9 knockouts. He won the title in May last year by knocking out Alexander Dimitrenko in eleven rounds and then knocked out Alexander Ustinov in September in eleven rounds in the first defence.
The Bulgarian is currently IBF International Heavyweight champion (2011) and European Boxing Union heavyweight champion (2012).
He was awarded the prize of Bulgarian athlete of the year for 2012.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics