Bulgarian Boxing Star Pulev Gets New Mandatory Challenger
English boxer Dereck Chisora has been declared the mandatory challenger to Bulgarian European Heavyweight Champion Kubrat Pulev.
Chisora’s promoter Frank Warren has added the 29-year-old to the big Copper Box Arena show on Saturday 21st September that features Billy Joe Saunders’ British Middleweight title showdown against rival John Ryder, according to BoxingNews24.
Pulev is unbeaten in 17 fights with 9 knockouts. He won the title in May last year by knocking out Alexander Dimitrenko in eleven rounds and then knocked out Alexander Ustinov in September in eleven rounds in the first defence.
The Bulgarian is currently IBF International Heavyweight champion (2011) and European Boxing Union heavyweight champion (2012).
He was awarded the prize of Bulgarian athlete of the year for 2012.
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round
- » Ludogorets Faces Jalgiris Tonight After a Loss in the First Leg in a Battle for the Champions League
- » Football Legend Francesco Totti Confirms Retirement