Bulgarian Patriarch to Meet with Putin during 1st Trip Abroad
The first visit abroad of the new Bulgarian Patriarch Neofit will be in Moscow, the Bulgarian Orthodox Church informs.
The Patriarch is to lead a delegation which will take part in the celebrations of the 1025th anniversary of the converting of Russia to Christianity, the so-called "Baptism of Russia."
The delegation will be in Moscow between July 23 and 30. The invitation has been extended by the Moscow Patriarchy.
During the visit, Neofit will meet with Russian Patriarch Kiril and the Presidents of Russia, Vladimir Putin, and of the Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych. He will take part in the liturgy in the "Christ the Savior" church in the Russian capital and in the following reception.
The Bulgarian Patriarch will also participate in a solemn liturgy and prayer in Kiev.
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region