Bulgarian Patriarch to Meet with Putin during 1st Trip Abroad
The first visit abroad of the new Bulgarian Patriarch Neofit will be in Moscow, the Bulgarian Orthodox Church informs.
The Patriarch is to lead a delegation which will take part in the celebrations of the 1025th anniversary of the converting of Russia to Christianity, the so-called "Baptism of Russia."
The delegation will be in Moscow between July 23 and 30. The invitation has been extended by the Moscow Patriarchy.
During the visit, Neofit will meet with Russian Patriarch Kiril and the Presidents of Russia, Vladimir Putin, and of the Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych. He will take part in the liturgy in the "Christ the Savior" church in the Russian capital and in the following reception.
The Bulgarian Patriarch will also participate in a solemn liturgy and prayer in Kiev.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks
- » Private Companies to Organize Driving License Tests – Agency Head
- » Bulgarian Police Is Looking For A German Citizen
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » Almost Half of Bulgarians Live Below Poverty Threshold – Survey