Fire at Bulgaria's Lukoil Neftochim Refinery Extinguished, No Victims, Injured
A fire caused by a spark erupted in the xylenes department of Bulgaria's Burgas-based Lukoil Neftochim refinery around 11 am on Tuesday.
A spark ignited low-octane gasoline during repair works at the refinery, according to Boycho Georgiev, head of the Regional Environment and Water Inspectorate in Burgas, as cited by the Bgnes news agency.
The flames were extinguished within a few minutes using three specialized firefighting vehicles.
Nobody was killed or injured in the fire.
There have been no reports about air pollution caused by the accident but the final results of the tests are yet to be published.
- » Bulgaria Working to Keep Gas Transport under 100% State Control - PM
- » Westinghouse Should Return to Bulgaria, but 'Under New Conditions' - PM
- » EUR 12.3 M Gas Transmission Pipeline Opens in NE Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding