Fire at Bulgaria's Lukoil Neftochim Refinery Extinguished, No Victims, Injured
A fire caused by a spark erupted in the xylenes department of Bulgaria's Burgas-based Lukoil Neftochim refinery around 11 am on Tuesday.
A spark ignited low-octane gasoline during repair works at the refinery, according to Boycho Georgiev, head of the Regional Environment and Water Inspectorate in Burgas, as cited by the Bgnes news agency.
The flames were extinguished within a few minutes using three specialized firefighting vehicles.
Nobody was killed or injured in the fire.
There have been no reports about air pollution caused by the accident but the final results of the tests are yet to be published.
- » Sofia Plans to Require More Information From Brussels About Gazprom Case
- » The Fifth Block of Kozloduy NPP Is Stopped Because of Planned Modernization
- » Sofia Prepares Statement on Gazprom’s Obligations
- » New Prices of The Thermal Energy in The Country
- » Natural Gas Prices Are Fully Determined by Market Factors
- » CITUB: Sharp Increase of Gas Prices Is Unreasonable and Inexpedient