Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Bulgaria Vulnerable to Developments in Greece - Reuters
- » EUObserver: Bulgaria Eyes Greek Crisis Warily
- » World Bank: Bulgaria Needs to Increase Productivity to Battle Demographic Crisis
- » Bloomberg: Grexit Threatens Bulgarian, Romanian Banking Industries
- » WSJ: Pro-Western Bulgaria Is One of Putin's Targets
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Fears Spillover of Greece Baking Trouble