Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Bloomberg: Bulgaria More at Risk from Grexit Contagion
- » Bulgaria 'Has Huge Problem with Financial Illiteracy'
- » Bulgaria Narrow-Gauge Train 'Could Face the Axe'
- » Neo-Nazism Present in Bulgaria, Russian Foreign Ministry Believes
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Working Poor Struggle to Make Ends Meet
- » Bulgarian Resorts Named Europe's Cheapest