Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Stratfor: Bulgaria, Romania to Get ‘Increasingly Involved’ in Crises over Refugees, Ukraine
- » The Guardian: Bulgaria’s Hidden Treasures Lie Beyond Cheap Beach Holidays
- » Stratfor: Bulgaria Is Balkan Heavyweight, But Eurasian Lightweight
- » Huffington Post: 18 Reasons to Book Trip to Bulgaria ASAP
- » The Globe and Mail: Russia, Turkey Waging ‘Proxy Battle’ in Bulgaria
- » The Independent: Sofia Ranks as Fourth Most Dangerous City in Europe