Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Nationalism and Unchecked Violence in Bulgaria
- » Happy March 3! Thanks, Russia, Regards to US, Keep in Mind Who's Who
- » Ludogorets come back from dead to down Lazio
- » Bulgaria’s Currency Board Versus Ukraine’s Chaos
- » Young Britons Beaten to Jobs by 'New Servant Class' of Immigrants
- » Leaks Suggest Bulgarian MEP Staged Slander Campaign against Georgieva