Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Bulgarian Resorts Named Europe's Cheapest
- » BBC: Is Bulgaria Europe's Silicon Valley?
- » Newsweek: Iron Curtain Back in Bulgaria, Migrants Face Brutality
- » German NGO Calls on Berlin not to Send Asylum Seekers Back to Bulgaria
- » Is Bulgaria a 16th Republic or a 51st State?
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Puts Up a New Wall, but This One Keeps People Out