Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Russian PM: Bulgaria 'Worse Off' after Joining EU
- » BBC: Bulgaria Picks Up Pieces of Cancelled Russian Pipe
- » Gerhard Schroeder Says Bulgaria Was Forced into Halting South Stream
- » Bulgaria Would Still Get Transit Gas, Transit Millions
- » 'Bulgaria, South Stream Want Each Other, Prick Each Otner, "Dad" Does Not Allow'
- » The Economist: Russia’s U-turn on South Stream 'Taught Its Friends a Lesson'