Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Bulgaria 'Renouncing Its Air Force,' RIA Novosti Says
- » Bulgaria's Outsourcing Potential 'May Come as a Shock' - Channelnomics.eu
- » AFP: Bulgarian Criminals “Are Major Players” in Human Trafficking
- » Al Jazeera: 'In Bulgaria, Refugee Struggle Underlines Elusive European Dream'
- » The Times: Refugees Stepping up Use of Route via ‘Bulgarian Badlands’
- » Bulgaria Drops Three Spots in Fraser Institute’s Economic Freedom Ranking