Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » DW Reveals How Migrants Are Smuggled out of Bulgaria
- » Sweden Studying Options to Ban Begging
- » DW: Bulgaria Fears Tide of Refugees
- » Weapons of Central and Eastern Europe End up with Islamist Groups - Report
- » NY Times: By Bulgaria's Beautiful Black Sea
- » IFRC: Bulgarian Red Cross Volunteer Campaigns for the Rights of the Elderly in Lovech