Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
- » Pipes Still Arriving, As Bulgaria Says South Stream is ‘Frozen’
- » South Stream Could Consider ‘Plan B’, Russian Journalist Says
- » Sofia’s Latest Move to Halt South Stream “Could Be More Serious”
- » Forbes: 'The Bulgarian Banking Disaster'
- » FT: Corpbank’s Bond Default Dents Bulgaria’s Credibility