Bulgaria Offers Europe on Cheap
The Regina Leader-Post
It may be time to ditch break-the bank European destinations like Oslo and London for the affordable eastern delights of Bulgaria.
A poll by TripAdvisor has concluded that the Bulgarian capital of Sofia is the best-value destination in Europe - more than two thirds cheaper than the Norwegian capital of Oslo.
The website compared the price of a four-star hotel, meal, drinks and a return taxi ride.
In Sofia, the bill for two people topped out at USD 167, compared with a hand-wringing USD 612 in Oslo. London soaked visitors for USD 475.
- » Der Spiegel: Bulgaria, Greece's New Treasury
- » Corruption Enabling Human Trafficking in Bulgaria, US State Dept Says
- » Bulgaria Offering 'Good Climate' for Tech Start-Ups
- » AFP: Greek Businesses Find Safe Haven in Bulgaria
- » The Telegraph: British Holidaymakers Benefit from Strong Pound in Bulgaria’s Slanchev Bryag
- » DW: Does Bulgaria Hope for a Grexit?