Taking Bulgarians, EU for a Ride
The Members of the Bulgarian Parliament from the ruling majority sneakily masterminded Wednesday a plan to get rid of the "Volen Siderov's Ethics" problem.
The nationalist chief was appointed recently to lead the anti-corruption and parliamentary ethics committee. The MPs now cleverly removed ethics from the committee, leaving only the corruption to Siderov. A new committee on parliamentary ethics and religion will be established.
This is just another palliative measure of the lawmakers, who are between a rock and a hard place as the binding together of concepts like "Siderov" and "ethics" caused uproar among Bulgarian public and the EU. There is no parliamentary majority without Siderov's Ataka party, however, he is like a stain on the purported "snow-white shirt" of the power.
The decision simply shoves the trash under the rug. There is no doubt how it will be met by society and our European partners - just as the next bamboozlement.
- » Is Boris Nemtsov's Killing a Sign of Russia's Weakness?
- » Dispute over Bulgaria's New Debt Leaves Fmr President's Image Tarnished
- » Let's Talk about Debt, Baby!
- » Dr Mohd Abuasi: The Motivations of ISIS Are Social, Political and Economic
- » EIRI CEO Lyubomir Kyuchukov: Will Ukraine Peace Deal Hold?
- » Ex-Foreign Min Passy: NATO Does Not Want War with Russia
"The MPs now cleverly removed ethics from the committee, leaving only the corruption to Siderov."
Ethics left the parliament when Siderov entered it. And leaving the corruption to Siderov: how appropriate! Well, he needs the funds for his handsome 95+ kg 5-leva-plus-sandwich boys...