Bulgarian Govt Appoints New Head of Nuclear Regulatory Agency
The Bulgarian government has removed Sergei Tsochev from the post of Chair of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency (BNRA) due to the expiration of his term in office.
Tsochev will be succeeded by his Deputy, Lazhezar Kostov, according to the government's press office.
Kostov has a degree in nuclear physics from the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" and has defended a PhD dissertation at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Kostov is a long-time research associate and senior research associate at the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy at BAS.
He chaired the The Committee for Peaceful Use of Atomic Energy within the Council of Ministers in the period 1996-1997.
He has been Deputy Chair of the BNRA since 2006.
- » Ex Bulgarian President: Bulgaria Must Oppose South Stream Suspension
- » Possible Gas Reserves at Bulgaria's Khan Asparuh Block at 100 bcm
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Pledges to Implement South Stream Project
- » Debts of Bulgaria's NEK Grew by a Quarter in 2013
- » Bulgarian FM Downplays EP's South Stream Resolution
- » Gazprom to Buy 50% of Shares in South Stream Transport