Bulgarian Govt Appoints New Head of Nuclear Regulatory Agency
The Bulgarian government has removed Sergei Tsochev from the post of Chair of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency (BNRA) due to the expiration of his term in office.
Tsochev will be succeeded by his Deputy, Lazhezar Kostov, according to the government's press office.
Kostov has a degree in nuclear physics from the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" and has defended a PhD dissertation at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Kostov is a long-time research associate and senior research associate at the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy at BAS.
He chaired the The Committee for Peaceful Use of Atomic Energy within the Council of Ministers in the period 1996-1997.
He has been Deputy Chair of the BNRA since 2006.
- » Bulgarian Energy Group BEH Places EUR 550 M Eurobond Issue - Minister
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
- » Iran Looking into Bulgaria's Nuclear Offer
- » Bulgarian PM Mulls Cabinet Reshuffle