Bulgarian Govt Appoints New Head of Nuclear Regulatory Agency
The Bulgarian government has removed Sergei Tsochev from the post of Chair of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency (BNRA) due to the expiration of his term in office.
Tsochev will be succeeded by his Deputy, Lazhezar Kostov, according to the government's press office.
Kostov has a degree in nuclear physics from the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" and has defended a PhD dissertation at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Kostov is a long-time research associate and senior research associate at the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy at BAS.
He chaired the The Committee for Peaceful Use of Atomic Energy within the Council of Ministers in the period 1996-1997.
He has been Deputy Chair of the BNRA since 2006.
- » Bulgaria Sold Woodland to South Stream Despite Freeze of Activities
- » Bulgaria, Westinghouse Sign Shareholders' Agreement on Unit 7
- » Bulgaria’s Top Court Scraps Controversial Fee on Renewables
- » Westinghouse, Gov't to Sign Final Deal on Unit 7 Next Year - CEO
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Revoke 20% Fee on Solar, Wind Power
- » Ukraine Demands Changes to Gas Transit Deal with Russia