Bulgarian Govt Appoints New Head of Nuclear Regulatory Agency
The Bulgarian government has removed Sergei Tsochev from the post of Chair of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency (BNRA) due to the expiration of his term in office.
Tsochev will be succeeded by his Deputy, Lazhezar Kostov, according to the government's press office.
Kostov has a degree in nuclear physics from the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" and has defended a PhD dissertation at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Kostov is a long-time research associate and senior research associate at the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy at BAS.
He chaired the The Committee for Peaceful Use of Atomic Energy within the Council of Ministers in the period 1996-1997.
He has been Deputy Chair of the BNRA since 2006.
- » Bulgaria Set to Open Soon Licensing Round for Black Sea Oil, Gas - Reuters
- » Turkish Stream Route Might Be Extended - Russia Energy Min
- » Bulgaria's Energy Minister Mulls Levying Energy Exports
- » Russia Likely to End Gas Transit via Ukraine in 2019
- » Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Shuts for Annual Overhaul
- » Framework Power Price Deal with Bulgaria Is ‘Win-Win Proposition’, AES Says