Dutch Teen Dies in Bulgaria Resort Balcony Fall
A 18-year-old Dutch man has died after falling from a Bulgarian hotel balcony, the latest in a series of tragic accidents in the coastal resort of Sunny Beach this summer.
The accident occurred an hour after midnight on July 1.
On the fatal night, U.R., a Dutch tourist, who arrived in the resort on June 29, was celebrating his birthday at the hotel he was staying with a group of friends - "Zornitsa".
The young man fell from the fourth floor balcony and died upon the spot.
Last month a 19-year-old British man died after falling from a Bulgarian hotel balcony at the Sunny Beach resort.
Shaun Liam Davies, from Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, went to get the cash after a night out at the resort on the Black Sea on Saturday night.
His three friends later found his body below the 10th floor balcony.
Meanwhile a 22-year-old German, who apparently fell from a Bulgarian hotel balcony after binge drinking with friends, suffered grave injuries and his life is still in danger.
The British embassy in the Bulgarian capital Sofia recently launched a special information and prevention campaign called Holiday Hangover.
The campaign was started after three British tourists died last year after falling from balconies.
- » Popovi Livadi Becomes Bulgaria's Newest Village
- » Illegal Constructions in Plovdiv's Stolipinovo to be Removed
- » Roma People in Garmen Plead for Peace Following Ethnic Tensions
- » Bulgaria's New Gallery Square 500 Opening Thursday
- » Hip Hop, Neo Soul Diva Lauryn Hill to Perform in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress