Bulgaria’s Pironkova Overcomes Croatia’s Martic at Wimbledon
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova made it to the fourth round of Wimbledon for the third time in her career after scoring a victory over Croatian Petra Martic.
Pironkova won 6-1, 4-6, 6-2 over the Croatian Martic in just under two hours on Saturday.
Pironkova reached the semi finals in 2010 and the quarter finals in 2011 at Wimbledon, scoring wins over five-time champion Venus Williams on both occasions.
The Bulgarian, who is ranked no. 72 in the world, will face fourth seed Agnieszka Radwanska for a place in the quarter finals.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle