Bulgaria’s Pironkova Overcomes Croatia’s Martic at Wimbledon
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova made it to the fourth round of Wimbledon for the third time in her career after scoring a victory over Croatian Petra Martic.
Pironkova won 6-1, 4-6, 6-2 over the Croatian Martic in just under two hours on Saturday.
Pironkova reached the semi finals in 2010 and the quarter finals in 2011 at Wimbledon, scoring wins over five-time champion Venus Williams on both occasions.
The Bulgarian, who is ranked no. 72 in the world, will face fourth seed Agnieszka Radwanska for a place in the quarter finals.
- » Bulgaria's Borovets Hosts European Cup Ladies' Giant Slalom
- » 'Bulgarian National' Dies on Mount Elbrus
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open