Bulgaria’s Pironkova Overcomes Croatia’s Martic at Wimbledon
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova made it to the fourth round of Wimbledon for the third time in her career after scoring a victory over Croatian Petra Martic.
Pironkova won 6-1, 4-6, 6-2 over the Croatian Martic in just under two hours on Saturday.
Pironkova reached the semi finals in 2010 and the quarter finals in 2011 at Wimbledon, scoring wins over five-time champion Venus Williams on both occasions.
The Bulgarian, who is ranked no. 72 in the world, will face fourth seed Agnieszka Radwanska for a place in the quarter finals.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells