Russia's Lukoil Buys Lubricants Business of Austria's OMV
OMV Refining&Marketing GmbH has signed an agreement to sell its lubricants business to a subsidiary of Russian Lukoil Group.
The deal was announced in a press release by OMV on Friday.
OMV's lubricants division consists of a sale and distribution organization in Central and Eastern Europe as well as a modern blending plant in Austria.
The Austrian energy firm assures that the 74 workers employed in its lubricants businesses in nine countries will retain their jobs.
The transaction will not affect the lubricants unit of OMV's Turkish subsidiary- Petrol Ofisi, which continues to be a part of the OMV Group.
"This transaction is the next step in the implementation of our strategy to optimize and simplify the Refining and Marketing portfolio", said Manfred Leitner, OMV Executive Board member responsible for Refining and Marketing.
OMV and its subsidiaries Petrol Ofisi and Petrom have already concluded several sales as part of the divestment program.
Recently concluded transactions include the sale of the subsidiary in Croatia, OMV Hrvatska d.o.o., at the end of May 2013 and the sale of the subsidiary in Bosnia-Herzegovina, OMV BH d.o.o., in March 2013.
OMV's strategy aims to gradually shift the weight of the share in capital employed from Refining and Marketing to Exploration and Production.
The sale is expected to be closed end of 2013 following approval by the competition authorities; both companies have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.
- » Bulgaria 'Offers Azerbaijan Energy Cooperation Package'
- » Mining Industry Accounts for 5% of Bulgaria’s GDP – Energy Minister
- » Price of Natural Gas in Bulgaria May Drop by over 13.6% as of October
- » Watchdog OKs Agreement between Bulgaria’s National Power Co, ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP
- » Bulgarian Authorities Place Seals on 660 Tonnes of Fuel amid Filling Station Probes
- » US-owned TPP AES Bulgaria Finalizes Agreement with National Power Utility
My purpose of this email was to state my intention. I am the CEO of Amexventure , we will like to purchase DPK (Kerosene) from your Lukoil Refinery in Austria. Can we have your condition to facilitate this proposal and thank you for your cooperation in this matter.