Bulgaria Welcomes Britain’s Prince Edward, Wife Sophie
Britain's Prince Edward and his wife Sophie are arriving in Bulgaria on Sunday, June 23, on the invitation of the country's President Rosen Plevneliev.
Their Royal Highnesses are interested in the progress made so far in the implementation of the strategy for de-institutionalization of orphanages in Bulgaria. The idea behind the program is to gradually close the orphanages and place the children and the teens in a family-like environment.
The royal couple will meet with NGO representatives, parents, consultants and healthcare experts.
They will also visit the Saint Sofia maternity hospital and particularly its "Mother and Baby" room, where new mothers considering giving their baby for adoption, can reflect on the decision in a cozy atmosphere.
The room is created in partnership with the "For Our Children" Foundation. The Earl and Countess of Wessex will meet a mother that has been assisted by the Foundation.
A youth-focused party will be organized for them on the Vitosha Mountain near Sofia.
Prince Edward is also expected to declare his support for the efforts to establish the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award in Bulgaria.
- » BSP donated books to the Bulgarian Cultural Center in Skopje
- » President Radev Accepted an Invitation for a Meeting for Erdogan
- » Borisov: We will not Recall Bulgarian Diplomats from Russia
- » The EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna will Happen after All
- » US Embassy in Sofia Was Bugged by Communist Bulgaria's Intelligence till 1990, Ex Spy Reveals
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Тalks with EU President Donald Tusk