UK Consular Staff, Bulgaria: 300 Binge Drinking Cases in 2012
UK consular staff in Bulgaria handled 300 cases last year, including hospital admissions and deaths, caused by Brits binge drinking at the Black Sea resort, data shows.
The information emerged shortly after a British teenager fell to his death from a tenth-floor balcony at a popular Bulgarian resort over the weekend.
Liam Shaw, 19, plummeted from a hotel room at 3.45am on Sunday at Sunny Beach.
Police said he went to his room to get money to pay a taxi that had dropped him off.
Last week the British Embassy in capital Sofia and cops launched a new campaign to educate British holidaymakers.
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » Google, bTV 'Best Brand in Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Deputy PM Calls for Minumum Wage Increase in 2015
- » UNHCR Calls on Bulgarians to "See Refugees Through Different Eyes"
- » Traffic Police Will Not Pull Over Motorists Unless Necessary
- » Interior Ministry To Present New Anti-Corruption Measures