UK Consular Staff, Bulgaria: 300 Binge Drinking Cases in 2012
UK consular staff in Bulgaria handled 300 cases last year, including hospital admissions and deaths, caused by Brits binge drinking at the Black Sea resort, data shows.
The information emerged shortly after a British teenager fell to his death from a tenth-floor balcony at a popular Bulgarian resort over the weekend.
Liam Shaw, 19, plummeted from a hotel room at 3.45am on Sunday at Sunny Beach.
Police said he went to his room to get money to pay a taxi that had dropped him off.
Last week the British Embassy in capital Sofia and cops launched a new campaign to educate British holidaymakers.
- » Nationalists Attack Ukrainian Anti-Night Wolves Demo in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv