UK Consular Staff, Bulgaria: 300 Binge Drinking Cases in 2012
UK consular staff in Bulgaria handled 300 cases last year, including hospital admissions and deaths, caused by Brits binge drinking at the Black Sea resort, data shows.
The information emerged shortly after a British teenager fell to his death from a tenth-floor balcony at a popular Bulgarian resort over the weekend.
Liam Shaw, 19, plummeted from a hotel room at 3.45am on Sunday at Sunny Beach.
Police said he went to his room to get money to pay a taxi that had dropped him off.
Last week the British Embassy in capital Sofia and cops launched a new campaign to educate British holidaymakers.
- » Bulgarian Government Approves National Youth Programme
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead
- » Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' to Reveal Details of Tutankhamun's Death in Sofia Lecture
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region