UK Consular Staff, Bulgaria: 300 Binge Drinking Cases in 2012
UK consular staff in Bulgaria handled 300 cases last year, including hospital admissions and deaths, caused by Brits binge drinking at the Black Sea resort, data shows.
The information emerged shortly after a British teenager fell to his death from a tenth-floor balcony at a popular Bulgarian resort over the weekend.
Liam Shaw, 19, plummeted from a hotel room at 3.45am on Sunday at Sunny Beach.
Police said he went to his room to get money to pay a taxi that had dropped him off.
Last week the British Embassy in capital Sofia and cops launched a new campaign to educate British holidaymakers.
- » Specially Equipped Team to Enter Site of Explosion in NW Bulgaria
- » Explosion-Hit Explosives Plant in NW Bulgaria Functioned Despite Numerous Penalty Notices
- » Blast at Explosives Plant Likely Due To Human Error - Ammo Expert
- » Up to 15 Feared Dead in Wednesday Blast at Bulgarian Explosives Plant
- » Blast at Explosives Factory in NW Bulgaria Cuts Off Power Supply to 2 Hydropower Plants
- » Fire Safety Service Holds Emergency Meeting over Blast at Explosives Factory in NW Bulgaria