UK Consular Staff, Bulgaria: 300 Binge Drinking Cases in 2012
UK consular staff in Bulgaria handled 300 cases last year, including hospital admissions and deaths, caused by Brits binge drinking at the Black Sea resort, data shows.
The information emerged shortly after a British teenager fell to his death from a tenth-floor balcony at a popular Bulgarian resort over the weekend.
Liam Shaw, 19, plummeted from a hotel room at 3.45am on Sunday at Sunny Beach.
Police said he went to his room to get money to pay a taxi that had dropped him off.
Last week the British Embassy in capital Sofia and cops launched a new campaign to educate British holidaymakers.
- » 782 Residential Buildings were Rehabilitated under the National Energy Efficiency Program
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures of Up to 22-27°C
- » Those who Died in the California Fires are Now 42
- » SUV Plowed into Pedestrians in Kharkiv, Six Died and 11 were Injured
- » The Hungarian Police are Investigating Scientologists
- » Harry Potter is the Most Read Book Among Teenagers in Bulgaria