14 Embassies in Bulgaria Back Sofia LGBT Parade
14 Ambassadors to Bulgaria have voiced their support for this year's Sofia Pride LGBT parade scheduled to take place on June 22 in the capital.
The 6th edition of the Sofia Pride parade will be held under the motto: "Different People, Equal Rights."
"Only when difference is accepted as a gift, not as a burden, will a democratic and tolerant society last," the organizers of the LGBT parade say.
The first Sofia Pride parade took place in 2008 and was attended by around 100 participants only, but the number of people attending the event has been growing each year since then.
The 2013 edition of the Sofia Pride LGBT parade has already been backed by 14 embassies in Bulgaria, including the German Embassy in Sofia, with declarations of support from Austrian Ambassador H. E. Gerhard Reiweger, Belgian Ambassador H. E. Anick Van Calster, Danish Ambassador H.E. Kaare Janson, Finnish Ambassador H.E. Harri Salmi, French Ambassador H.E. Philippe Autie, Irish Ambassador H.E. John Rowan, Lithuanian Ambassador H.E. Darius Gaidys, Dutch Ambassador H.E. Karel van Kesteren, Norwegian Ambassador H.E.Guro Katharina Vikor, Chargé d'Affaires of the Serbian Embassy to Bulgaria Vladimir Stamenovich, Chargé d'Affaires of the South African Embassy to Bulgaria Boiki Motloung, British Ambassador H.E.Jonathan Allen, and US Ambassador H.E. Marcie Reis.
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities
- » Bulgarians See Politics, Hospitals, Customs as 'Most Corrupt' - Poll
- » Pope Francis Donates Funding for Basilica in Bulgaria's First Capital
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24
- » Bulgaria Granted Humanitarian Status to Ansbach Attacker in 2013