Banderas Praises Professionalism of Bulgarian Filmmakers
Antonio Banderas has lauded the professionalism of Bulgarian filmmakers, saying they are comparable to their Hollywood colleagues.
Banderas, who is currently directing sci-fi thriller “Automata” in Bulgaria, attended the official opening of the 20th edition of the Spanish and Ibero-American cinema week in Sofia.
The prominent actor held a speech during the opening ceremony, highlighting the pressing challenges ahead of the European cinema.
“It is very important for all of us working in movie making to be united, since cinema is experiencing very difficult moments now,” Banderas said, as cited by local media.
He stated that piracy and the tough competition by Hollywood are some of the main challenges European cinema is facing.
Banderas confirmed that he is to play Pablo Picasso in an upcoming movie.
He also revealed that he would star in a movie dedicated to the 33 Chilean miners trapped underground for 69 days three years ago.
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Malta Wins 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest Hosted by Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Hosts Final of 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday
- » Postponed Junior Eurovision Opening Ceremony Due on November 17