Legendary Alan Parsons Live Project to Perform in Bulgaria
The legendary British rock band Alan Parsons Live Project will perform in Bulgaria on September 28.
The concert will be held in Hall 1 of the National Palace of Culture in downtown Sofia.
Bulgarian fans will have the first ever opportunity to hear live the unique vocals of Alan Parsons and PJ Olsson.
The band focuses on progressive rock, soft rock, pop rock and art rock. It was founded in 1975 by Parsons and Eric Woolfson.
Except for one occasion, the Project never played live during its original incarnation. This was because Woolfson and Parsons saw themselves mainly in the roles of writing and production, and also because of the technical difficulties of reproducing on stage the complex instrumentation used in the studio.
The one occasion where the band was introduced as "The Alan Parsons Project" in a live performance was at Night of the Proms 1990 (at the time of the group's break-up).
Since 1994, a new version of the band has toured, with Parsons performing live acoustic guitar, keyboards and vocals, with various line-ups. This latest incarnation is called the Alan Parsons Live Project, the name distinct from "The Alan Parsons Project," due to Parsons' break-up with Woolfson.
Woolfson, who died in 2009, also continued to compose and perform his own music.
Tickets for the concert have been available through Eventim since May 10. Prices range between BGN 50 and BGN 150.
- » Bulgarian Movie Viktoria Released in the US
- » Preview of Game of Thrones Episode Featuring Zahari Baharov Now Released
- » Rudimental, Ella Eyre to Perform for Sofia Music Fans
- » Bulgaria's New Gallery Square 500 Opening Thursday
- » Hip Hop, Neo Soul Diva Lauryn Hill to Perform in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress