Aston Villa Set to Sign 2 Bulgarian Internationals - Report
Aston Villa have agreed a GBP 2.5 M deal with Lech Poznan to sign Bulgarian winger Aleksandar Tonev, according to media reports.
The 23-year-old winger, who has played 11 times for his country, is expected to finalize the transfer this weekend.
According to The Sun newspaper, sources close to Tonev say the lure of the Premier League swung the deal for Villa ahead of a host of top European clubs.
Recent reports suggested that the likes of Celtic and Werder Bremen were also in negotiations for the promising Bulgarian.
Meanwhile, it has also emerged that Aston Villa are interested in snapping up another Bulgarian international. Paul Lambert’s side may sign Kuban Krasnodar striker Ivelin Popov, according to Russian media reports.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle