Aston Villa Set to Sign 2 Bulgarian Internationals - Report
Aston Villa have agreed a GBP 2.5 M deal with Lech Poznan to sign Bulgarian winger Aleksandar Tonev, according to media reports.
The 23-year-old winger, who has played 11 times for his country, is expected to finalize the transfer this weekend.
According to The Sun newspaper, sources close to Tonev say the lure of the Premier League swung the deal for Villa ahead of a host of top European clubs.
Recent reports suggested that the likes of Celtic and Werder Bremen were also in negotiations for the promising Bulgarian.
Meanwhile, it has also emerged that Aston Villa are interested in snapping up another Bulgarian international. Paul Lambert’s side may sign Kuban Krasnodar striker Ivelin Popov, according to Russian media reports.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Third Round of Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria to Have Nine Representatives in UEFA Committees
- » Bulgaria's Rising Basketball Star Vezenkov Reportedly Joins Barcelona
- » Bulgaria's Beroe Wins, Litex Draws in First Qualifying Round of Europa League
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Captain of Romanian Football Champion
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round of Wimbledon