Bulgaria's Cabinet Unveiled: Full List
The members of Bulgaria's new Cabinet, expectedly headed by Plamen Oresharski, have been announced.
Oresharski was nominated by the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and is a former Finance Minister in the Three-Way Coalition Cabinet (2005 – 2009).
In the May 12 early general elections, the Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, the ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms, DPS, and the far-right nationalist Ataka overcame the 4% threshold to win parliamentary seats. The fourth party that made its way to the Parliament was the formerly-ruling centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, which won narrowly and was not able to form a Cabinet as the other three declared they would not offer support.
Last Thursday, GERB returned to President Rosen Plevneliev the mandate to form a government. On the same day, Plevneliev gave it to Oresharski and the Socialists.
Bulgaria's Cabinet Proposal – Full List
Plamen Oresharski - Prime Minister
Zinaida Zlatanova – Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister (also in charge of EU funds absorption)
Petar Chobanov – Finance Minister
Kristian Vigenin - Foreign Minister
Danail Papazov – Transport Minister
Aneliya Klisarova – Education Minister
Tanya Andreeva – Health Minister
Tsvetlin Yovchev– Interior Minister
Mariana Georgieva – Youth and Sports Minister
Angel Naydenov – Defense Minister
Petar Stoyanovich – Culture Minister
Iskra Mihaylova– Environment Minister
Dragomir Stoynev– Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism
Hassan Ademov - Minister of Labor and Social Policy
Desislava Terzieva – Regional Development Minister
Dimitar Grekov – Agriculture Minister
Kalin Tiholov – Minister of Investment Projects
A Deputy Prime Minister in charge of Economy is to be announced within a month.
- » Bulgarian President: 'Having a Strong and Efficient Navy is Very Important to Bulgaria'
- » There is a Trend of Constant Increase in Traffic Through the Danube Bridge
- » Social Minister: The Pension System will be Stable until 2040
- » Hundreds are Protesting in Defense of an Arms Factory
- » President Radev will Guarantee the Security of Tsvetan Vasilev if he Returns to Bulgaria
- » The Repair of 'Orlov Most' in Sofia to Continue by the End of the Next Week