Expats Remain Biggest 'Foreign' Investor in Bulgaria
Emigrants' remittances to Bulgaria continue to grow and amounted to EUR 73.7 M in March 2013, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
The amount is larger than the direct foreign investments in the country, which totaled EUR 49.2 M in March.
The expats remittances show a 15% increase for that month, making the highest amount since the beginning of the year.
From January to March 2013, the emigrants have wired a total of EUR 196.5 M to Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria C-Bank to Unveil Supervision Boosting Measures by End-September
- » Amendments to Bulgaria’s Bank Insolvency Act Pass 2nd Reading in Parliament
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Endorses Proposed C-Bank Deputy Governors
- » Bulgaria MPs to Vote on Appointment of C-Bank Deputy Governors
- » Bulgaria’s May Gross Foreign Debt Down 4% from 2014
- » Banking Supervision in Bulgaria 'Not Strictly Applied' in Past Years