Expats Remain Biggest 'Foreign' Investor in Bulgaria
Emigrants' remittances to Bulgaria continue to grow and amounted to EUR 73.7 M in March 2013, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
The amount is larger than the direct foreign investments in the country, which totaled EUR 49.2 M in March.
The expats remittances show a 15% increase for that month, making the highest amount since the beginning of the year.
From January to March 2013, the emigrants have wired a total of EUR 196.5 M to Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria's KTB Can Be Rescued, Experts Say
- » Former PM Kostov Urges Fast Action to Rescue KTB
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Slashes BGN 500M Public Investment Program by BGN 150M
- » 1/3 Of Sums Withdrawn In June Put Back In Banks
- » Majority Owner Says Being Close to KTB Rescue Plan
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Accuses Central Bank of Inaction over Corpbank