Expats Remain Biggest 'Foreign' Investor in Bulgaria
Emigrants' remittances to Bulgaria continue to grow and amounted to EUR 73.7 M in March 2013, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
The amount is larger than the direct foreign investments in the country, which totaled EUR 49.2 M in March.
The expats remittances show a 15% increase for that month, making the highest amount since the beginning of the year.
From January to March 2013, the emigrants have wired a total of EUR 196.5 M to Bulgaria.
- » Moody's: The Bulgarian Banking Sector is Improving
- » Greece Returned to the Financial Markets after 3 Year Pause
- » Bulgaria Seized More Than 600,000 Fake Goods at Its Borders for 2016
- » Monthly Inflation of -0.5 in June 2017
- » Bulgaria's Current Account Surplus Drops to 0.2% in 1st 5 Months of 2017
- » Germany Won More than EUR 1 Billion from the Greek Crises