Expats Remain Biggest 'Foreign' Investor in Bulgaria
Emigrants' remittances to Bulgaria continue to grow and amounted to EUR 73.7 M in March 2013, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
The amount is larger than the direct foreign investments in the country, which totaled EUR 49.2 M in March.
The expats remittances show a 15% increase for that month, making the highest amount since the beginning of the year.
From January to March 2013, the emigrants have wired a total of EUR 196.5 M to Bulgaria.
- » Bulgarians Made More Card Payments Abroad around Easter
- » Bulgaria Swings to Budget Surplus of 0.3% of GDP at End-March
- » Bulgaria ex-FinMin Djankov Quitting VTB Supervision
- » KTB Owner, Executives Appeal Bank's Insolvency
- » Bulgaria's Gross External Debt Exceeded EUR 38.6 B at End of February
- » Bulgaria, Romania Sign Joint Declaration on Energy Cooperation