Expats Remain Biggest 'Foreign' Investor in Bulgaria
Emigrants' remittances to Bulgaria continue to grow and amounted to EUR 73.7 M in March 2013, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
The amount is larger than the direct foreign investments in the country, which totaled EUR 49.2 M in March.
The expats remittances show a 15% increase for that month, making the highest amount since the beginning of the year.
From January to March 2013, the emigrants have wired a total of EUR 196.5 M to Bulgaria.
- » Time for Bulgaria to Join Euro Waiting Room - C-Bank Governor
- » Fitch Affirms Bulgaria's BBB- Rating
- » S&P Confirms 'Junk' Status of Bulgaria
- » European Parliament Approves EU Budget for 2017
- » BSP Threatens To Refer Budget 2017 to Constitutional Court
- » Annual Subsidy for Bulgarian Parties To Remain BGN 11 Per Valid Vote