Expats Remain Biggest 'Foreign' Investor in Bulgaria
Emigrants' remittances to Bulgaria continue to grow and amounted to EUR 73.7 M in March 2013, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
The amount is larger than the direct foreign investments in the country, which totaled EUR 49.2 M in March.
The expats remittances show a 15% increase for that month, making the highest amount since the beginning of the year.
From January to March 2013, the emigrants have wired a total of EUR 196.5 M to Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria's Debt At BGN 23.048 B
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution to File KTB Case with Court Early Next Year
- » Parliament To Ratify Guarantee for EUR 100 M Lent to BDB by KfW
- » Bulgaria Gets Positive Assessments From IMF, World Bank
- » Bulgarian Finance Ministry: Deposits, Credits Will Grow in 2017
- » IMF Officially Revises Growth Forecast for Bulgaria