Bulgarian President: ECJ Is Pivotal for Deeper EU
The European Court of Justice has a calling to further the integration of the European Union, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
"Under the conditions of crisis, the efforts of the ECJ for the building of a more integrated and stronger EU are of key importance for EU member states," said Plevneliev.
Monday the Bulgarian President met with an official ECJ delegation led by Court President Vassilios Skouris, which is visiting Bulgaria on the invitation of Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation.
"Bulgaria has an enormous interest to deepen cooperation with the institution that is in charge with the abidance by common EU rules and is a guarantee of the success of the European model of integration," stressed the Bulgarian President.
ECJ President Skouris commended Bulgaria on its active use of the Court, especially in respect to interpretation of legislation and equal implementation of rules.
He also underscored on the need to maintain a high spirit of belief in the future of the European project among EU leaders.
- » Bulgaria to Have 146-km Wire Fence along Border with Turkey in 2 Months
- » Bulgaria 'More Prepared Than Germany' to Tackle Migrant Inflow, FM Says
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Top 5 in EU by Number of Victims of Trafficking in People
- » Four EU Experts to Analyze Bulgaria's Prosecution
- » EC: Bulgaria Needs to Improve Labour Policies, Insolvency Proceedings
- » Bulgaria, Romania 'Could Veto EU-Canada Free Trade Deal'