Bulgarian President: ECJ Is Pivotal for Deeper EU
The European Court of Justice has a calling to further the integration of the European Union, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
"Under the conditions of crisis, the efforts of the ECJ for the building of a more integrated and stronger EU are of key importance for EU member states," said Plevneliev.
Monday the Bulgarian President met with an official ECJ delegation led by Court President Vassilios Skouris, which is visiting Bulgaria on the invitation of Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation.
"Bulgaria has an enormous interest to deepen cooperation with the institution that is in charge with the abidance by common EU rules and is a guarantee of the success of the European model of integration," stressed the Bulgarian President.
ECJ President Skouris commended Bulgaria on its active use of the Court, especially in respect to interpretation of legislation and equal implementation of rules.
He also underscored on the need to maintain a high spirit of belief in the future of the European project among EU leaders.
- » Bulgaria Remains under EU Monitoring over Macroeconomic Imbalances
- » EU Commission Approves Bulgaria's Human Resources Program
- » Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva to Meet Bulgaria President, PM
- » Bulgaria to Get 6% of Requested EUR 300 M under EU Solidarity Fund
- » PES Leader Stanishev Offers to Help Bulgaria Join Schengen
- » Bulgaria Will Not Sign TTIP Unless US Lifts Visa Requirements - Minister