Bulgaria Probes Illegal Construction in Thracian Sanctuary
Employees of Bulgaria's Directorate for National Construction Control, DNSK, are conducting Saturday an emergency probe in a Thracian sanctuary.
The probe involves not only a document check, but a check on location, which is reported as a construction site of a family hotel in the area of "Belintash," the village of Vrata, near the town of Asenovgrad.
The press office of the Bulgarian Ministry of Environment and Waters reports they have received a tipoff the construction was in a protected zone of the Thracian rock sanctuary "Belintash."
The probe has been ordered by the caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters, Ekaterina Zaharieva.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels