Bulgaria Probes Illegal Construction in Thracian Sanctuary
Employees of Bulgaria's Directorate for National Construction Control, DNSK, are conducting Saturday an emergency probe in a Thracian sanctuary.
The probe involves not only a document check, but a check on location, which is reported as a construction site of a family hotel in the area of "Belintash," the village of Vrata, near the town of Asenovgrad.
The press office of the Bulgarian Ministry of Environment and Waters reports they have received a tipoff the construction was in a protected zone of the Thracian rock sanctuary "Belintash."
The probe has been ordered by the caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters, Ekaterina Zaharieva.
- » Bulgarian President – Fighting Climate Change Could Have Economic Benefits
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas