Bulgaria Probes Illegal Construction in Thracian Sanctuary
Employees of Bulgaria's Directorate for National Construction Control, DNSK, are conducting Saturday an emergency probe in a Thracian sanctuary.
The probe involves not only a document check, but a check on location, which is reported as a construction site of a family hotel in the area of "Belintash," the village of Vrata, near the town of Asenovgrad.
The press office of the Bulgarian Ministry of Environment and Waters reports they have received a tipoff the construction was in a protected zone of the Thracian rock sanctuary "Belintash."
The probe has been ordered by the caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters, Ekaterina Zaharieva.
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Southern Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Decreasing Water Levels Hamper Sailing on Danube Near Bulgaria's Belene
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of 10 African Grey Parrots