Bulgaria's Ex-PM Mysteriously Meets Farmers, Escapes Journalists
Bulgarian center-right party GERB leader and former PM Boyko Borisov has held a meeting with agriculture producers Tuesday, but has not appeared to answer journalist's questions.
The meeting with farmers was held in GERB's headquarters at the National Palace of Culture in Sofia, says a GERB press release.
The statement does not mention the reason behind the event.
In an unprecedented move, GERB and its leader have not made a statement on the outcome of Bulgaria's early general elections held Sunday.
According to preliminary official results, the former ruling party came out first with 30.53% of the vote, a result smaller than the one it got on last general elections in July 2009.
- » Bulgaria's President Plevneliev to Meet King Philippe of Belgium
- » Former Bulgarian President to Resign ABV Party's Leadership
- » Bulgarian PM Convened Extraordinary Meeting of Deputy PMs, FinMin
- » Bulgarian President Considers Imposing No Veto over New BGN 16 B Debt
- » Sofia Appellate Court Acquits Former Interior Minister on Embezzlement Charges
- » Tolls Will Only Be Levied on Trucks – Road Infrastructure Agency Head