Bulgaria's Berbatov Named Fulham's Player of the Season
Bulgarian forward Dimitar Berbatov has been named Fulham’s Player of the Season for 2012/13.
Berbatov, who joined the Cottagers from Manchester United in August, took first place in the online voting, just ahead of Greek midfielder Giorgos Karagounis, with Sascha Riether third.
Berbatov said: “I want to thank all the fans that voted for me for the Player of the Season. It is a real pleasure to play at Fulham and I am enjoying my football very much, so to get recognised in this way is very special.
“Football is a team game and obviously this is for all of them too, as we have worked hard to play together and I look forward to many more matches alongside them.”
Berbatov is Fulham’s top Premiership goalscorer this season, netting a total of 14 times.
Recent rumors have linked the 32-year-old striker with Turkish giants Galatasaray
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles