Bulgaria's Berbatov Named Fulham's Player of the Season
Bulgarian forward Dimitar Berbatov has been named Fulham’s Player of the Season for 2012/13.
Berbatov, who joined the Cottagers from Manchester United in August, took first place in the online voting, just ahead of Greek midfielder Giorgos Karagounis, with Sascha Riether third.
Berbatov said: “I want to thank all the fans that voted for me for the Player of the Season. It is a real pleasure to play at Fulham and I am enjoying my football very much, so to get recognised in this way is very special.
“Football is a team game and obviously this is for all of them too, as we have worked hard to play together and I look forward to many more matches alongside them.”
Berbatov is Fulham’s top Premiership goalscorer this season, netting a total of 14 times.
Recent rumors have linked the 32-year-old striker with Turkish giants Galatasaray
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells
- » The Boss of the Football Referees in Bulgaria Resigned