Djokovic Impressed with Bulgaria's Dimitrov ahead of Clash
Novak Djokovic has said that he is impressed with Bulgarian up-and-comer Grigor Dimitro, whom he is to face in the second round of the 2013 Mutua Madrid Open later on Tuesday.
"He's very talented player," the world No. 1 said ahead of his Madrid opener.
"He has capacity to play in a very, very high level because he's very talented; he's an all-round player, and he showed it,” Djokovic added, as cited by Crunch Sports.
"With his style of the game you think that he can play his best on the hard courts and the faster courts, but he showed in Monte-Carlo when he pushed Nadal to three sets he can play equally well on clay.”
"There is an altitude here, 500, 600 metres, which helps the servers and more aggressive players. The ball travels through the air faster, so that can make Dimitrov very dangerous on this surface.”
On Monday 21 year old Dimitrov defeated wild card Javier Marti 6-2, 6-4 to set up a second round showdown with world no. 1 Novak Djokovic, who received a bye in the first round.
Dimitrov has been in good form recently having reached the quarter finals in Monte Carlo.
This will be his third meeting with the Serb, who has won both their previous clashes.
- » Ludogorets Tied 2:2 with PSG, Qualifying for Europa League
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected