Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov to Face Novak Djokovic in Madrid
Bulgarian rising star Grigor Dimitrov was among the first round winners at the ATP Mutua Madrid Masters Series event, setting up a clash with world no. 1 Novak Djokovic on Tuesday evening.
On Monday 21 year old Dimitrov defeated wild card Javier Marti 6-2, 6-4 to set up a second round showdown with world no. 1 Novak Djokovic, who received a bye in the first round.
Dimitrov has been in good form recently having reached the quarter finals in Monte Carlo.
This will be his third meeting with the Serb, who has won both their previous clashes.
The Bulgarian received his first ever opportunity to play against the Serbian star in October last year after defeating Spaniard Pablo Andujar 7:5, 6:3 in the Shanghai Masters Men's Singles Round 1.
But Novak Djokovic scored an easy victory against Dimitrov in the second round match at the Shanghai Masters. The five-time grand slam champion dispatched his 21-year-old Bulgarian opponent 6:3, 6:2 in 53 minutes.
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Skip Tournament in Washington Over Illness
- » Mountain Auto Rally “Uzana” Cancelled after Fatal Accident
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat