Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov to Face Novak Djokovic in Madrid
Bulgarian rising star Grigor Dimitrov was among the first round winners at the ATP Mutua Madrid Masters Series event, setting up a clash with world no. 1 Novak Djokovic on Tuesday evening.
On Monday 21 year old Dimitrov defeated wild card Javier Marti 6-2, 6-4 to set up a second round showdown with world no. 1 Novak Djokovic, who received a bye in the first round.
Dimitrov has been in good form recently having reached the quarter finals in Monte Carlo.
This will be his third meeting with the Serb, who has won both their previous clashes.
The Bulgarian received his first ever opportunity to play against the Serbian star in October last year after defeating Spaniard Pablo Andujar 7:5, 6:3 in the Shanghai Masters Men's Singles Round 1.
But Novak Djokovic scored an easy victory against Dimitrov in the second round match at the Shanghai Masters. The five-time grand slam champion dispatched his 21-year-old Bulgarian opponent 6:3, 6:2 in 53 minutes.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Seeks Recovery at Madrid Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Vows to Get Over Defeat at Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Schwartzman at ATP Istanbul Final
- » Vegan Mountaineer Skatov Also Ascends Annapurna
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Climbs World's Deadliest Peak
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov Reaches ATP Istanbul Final