Pope Francis Greets Orthodox World for Easter
Catholic Pope Francis has congratulated Orthodox Christians from around the world for Easter, which they celebrate this Sunday, May 5.
"Today Eastern Churches which follow the Julian calendar, are celebrating Easter. I want to send our brothers and sisters my greetings," said the pope du ring Sunday prayer at the St. Peter square in Rome.
"I am uniting all my heart with them in the joyful greeting: "Christ has arisen!" said Pope Francis.
The pope prayed for all Christians to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, and turned his thoughts especially towards those who greet Easter in conditions of suffering.
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible
- » Bulgarian Faithful Hold Easter Procession with 'Virgin Mary Icon'
- » Bulgaria Enforces Restrictions to Truck Movement for Holiday Returns
- » Alexander Nevsky Cathedral to Remain Open All Night on Sunday
- » Bulgarian Police Estimate 20 000 Drivers Have No Licenses
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 140 Years Since April Uprising