Pope Francis Greets Orthodox World for Easter
Catholic Pope Francis has congratulated Orthodox Christians from around the world for Easter, which they celebrate this Sunday, May 5.
"Today Eastern Churches which follow the Julian calendar, are celebrating Easter. I want to send our brothers and sisters my greetings," said the pope du ring Sunday prayer at the St. Peter square in Rome.
"I am uniting all my heart with them in the joyful greeting: "Christ has arisen!" said Pope Francis.
The pope prayed for all Christians to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, and turned his thoughts especially towards those who greet Easter in conditions of suffering.
- » Father of Bulgarian Teenage Protester Faces Questioning
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Remains State Property
- » Majority of Bulgarians Support Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
- » Heavy North European Storm Claims First Victims
- » Eight Protesters Detained in Bulgaria’s Capital Sofia