Bulgaria Shows Denmark Thracian Gold, Looks for Energy Efficiency
Denmark will help Bulgaria boost its energy efficiency, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and Danish PM Helle Thorning-Schmidt after meeting Tuesday.
The Bulgarian head of state is on an official visit to the Scandinavian country, where he and his hosts discussed matters of mutual importance.
Plevneliev brought with him the Thracian golden treasure uncovered in the end of 2012 near Sveshtari, NE Bulgaria.
The Sveshtari treasure will have its first showing abroad at the Danish National Museum in Copenhagen.
"Bulgaria has an interest in attracting Danish investment in the field of energy effiiency, a field in which Denmark has a strong experience," said Plevneliev.
"Energy efficiency is a key concept for me. Our conversation showed that no country should be alone in the situation of trying to introduce it. That is why we need co-peration," stated Danish PM Thorning-Schmidt.
Further areas that were discussed were experience that Bulgaria can gain from Denmark in agriculture, and Danish tourist inflow to Bulgaria.
Tuesday in Copenhagen Bulgarian President Plevneliev was also received by Danish Queen Margrethe II.
- » Bulgaria Assumes Black Sea Cooperation Presidency
- » Bulgarian Delegation Visits Chinese Car Factory
- » US Helsinki Commission Chief Urges Ukrainian Authorities to Drop Force
- » Bulgarian President Joins FM's Objection to Erdogan 'Thrace' Statement
- » Yanukovych Will Sign EU Deal, Says Ashton
- » Turkish PM Speech Stirs Controversy on Balkans