Gunman Kills 5 in Southwest Russia
Five people were shot dead by a gunman in the city of Belgorod in Southwest Russia on Monday afternoon, according to local police authorities.
Initial reports suggest the assailant opened fire on the street at about 2pm (10:00 GMT), before continuing to shoot inside a nearby store.
A 14-year-old girl was among the five victims. One person was reported to have been injured, according to RIA Novosti.
An abandoned vehicle - a BMW - was later found by the police. Reports in the Russian media suggest that the gunman has now been identified.
The motive of the shootings was not immediately clear.
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia to Discuss Launching Joint Tourism Packages
- » EUObserver: Bulgarian Lev Makes Inroads in Greece
- » Greece Bailout Referendum: 'Yes' Campaign Picks Up Pace
- » Bulgaria’s President Begins One-Day Working Visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- » Result of July 5 Referendum in Greece Too Close to Call – Poll
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections