Gunman Kills 5 in Southwest Russia
Five people were shot dead by a gunman in the city of Belgorod in Southwest Russia on Monday afternoon, according to local police authorities.
Initial reports suggest the assailant opened fire on the street at about 2pm (10:00 GMT), before continuing to shoot inside a nearby store.
A 14-year-old girl was among the five victims. One person was reported to have been injured, according to RIA Novosti.
An abandoned vehicle - a BMW - was later found by the police. Reports in the Russian media suggest that the gunman has now been identified.
The motive of the shootings was not immediately clear.
- » Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine's Donbass
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says