Gunman Kills 5 in Southwest Russia
Five people were shot dead by a gunman in the city of Belgorod in Southwest Russia on Monday afternoon, according to local police authorities.
Initial reports suggest the assailant opened fire on the street at about 2pm (10:00 GMT), before continuing to shoot inside a nearby store.
A 14-year-old girl was among the five victims. One person was reported to have been injured, according to RIA Novosti.
An abandoned vehicle - a BMW - was later found by the police. Reports in the Russian media suggest that the gunman has now been identified.
The motive of the shootings was not immediately clear.
- » Romanian PM ousted in no-confidence vote
- » Justice minister Francois Bayrou is quitting French government
- » French Police Found Champs Elysees Attacker's Weapons
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Merkel Ready to Consider Macron Eurozone Reform Ideas
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to London: 'Attack at Finsbury Park Mosque is Defined as Potential Terrorist Attack'