Gunman Kills 5 in Southwest Russia
Five people were shot dead by a gunman in the city of Belgorod in Southwest Russia on Monday afternoon, according to local police authorities.
Initial reports suggest the assailant opened fire on the street at about 2pm (10:00 GMT), before continuing to shoot inside a nearby store.
A 14-year-old girl was among the five victims. One person was reported to have been injured, according to RIA Novosti.
An abandoned vehicle - a BMW - was later found by the police. Reports in the Russian media suggest that the gunman has now been identified.
The motive of the shootings was not immediately clear.
- » Bulgaria Signs Protocol on EU’s Readmission Agreement with Turkey
- » Turkey PM to Stand Down after Party Congress in May
- » Davutoglu's Future as Turkey PM Unclear As AKP Congress Scheduled
- » ECB to Stop Producing EUR 500 Note
- » EU Recommends Visa-Free Travel for Turkish Citizens
- » EU Proposes to Extend Border Controls inside Schengen Area