Gunman Kills 5 in Southwest Russia
Five people were shot dead by a gunman in the city of Belgorod in Southwest Russia on Monday afternoon, according to local police authorities.
Initial reports suggest the assailant opened fire on the street at about 2pm (10:00 GMT), before continuing to shoot inside a nearby store.
A 14-year-old girl was among the five victims. One person was reported to have been injured, according to RIA Novosti.
An abandoned vehicle - a BMW - was later found by the police. Reports in the Russian media suggest that the gunman has now been identified.
The motive of the shootings was not immediately clear.
- » Former Russian Deputy Shot in Kiev
- » Belgian Police Prevent Terrorist Act in Antwerpen
- » Erdogan Accuses Bulgaria of Unacceptable Pressure on Turks Before Elections
- » Ankara Gives 11 Days Leave to Outmigrants for Bulgaria's Elections
- » ISIS Claims Responsibility for London Attack
- » Greece Not To Accept Back Refugees From Germany