Nadal: Bulgaria's Dimitrov Has Everything to Be Top Player
Rafael Nadal has praised on Bulgarian rising star Grigor Dimitrov, against whom he narrowly won on Friday.
The Spaniard survived a second-set fightback from Dimitrov to reach the semi-finals of the Monte Carlo Masters, defeating his young opponent 6-2 2-6 6-4. He dropped only his third set in his last five tournaments there.
"He's a great player and he has all the shots. He has everything to be a really, really good player. So depends on him," Nadal said after the game.
According to the world No. 5, “everyone can see” that Dimitrov has a style similar to that of Roger Federer.
"I know that when you have these tough matches, is decisive to keep fighting," Nadal said.
“It’s a tough loss,” said Dimitrov. “Of course, I think I gave everything I had today. I must say, all the credit to him. He’s an extraordinary player, extraordinary fighter.”
Despite the defeat, the 21-year-old’s inspiring performance has been praised in a number of articles.
“Dimitrov has the looks and the tennis to please millions, and earn millions,” according to The Guardian.
ESPN wrote that the Bulgarian will “surely” on to win multiple grand slam titles.
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Equalises Score in Roland Garros 1/8 Final Against Radwanska
- » Bulgarian Makes 4133 Sit-ups in Attempt to Break Guinness Record
- » Rain Suspends Roland Garros 1/8 Final Between Pironkova, Radwanska
- » Bulgaria Wins Two Gold Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Her First 1/8 Final at Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros