Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Looking Forward to Clash with Nadal
Bulgaria’s promising tennis youngster Grigor Dimitrov has said he is excited ahead of his Monte Carlo Masters quarter-final game against Rafael Nadal on Friday.
"Really looking forward to that match tomorrow," Dimitrov said, as cited by ATP’s official website.
"Even for now I'm very excited. Hopefully I can perform at my best. It's going to be a great match. I'm feeling quite good coming on court with [the top players]. I feel also physically I'm ready to kind of hang with them more as the match goes on.”
Dimitrov stated that Nadal was the greatest clay court player of all time, adding it would be most important to keep a good composure against the Spaniard.
The 21-year-old Bulgarian is through to his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 quarter-final and will face Nadal for the second time, having lost to the 11-time major champion four years ago in Rotterdam.
- » Bulgaria's Borovets Hosts European Cup Ladies' Giant Slalom
- » 'Bulgarian National' Dies on Mount Elbrus
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open