Dimitrov Eases Past Mayer, Sets Up Clash with Nadal
Bulgarian rising star Grigor Dimitrov defeated German Florian Mayer in straight sets to reach the quarter finals of the Monte Carlo Masters on Thursday.
The youngster took a step nearer to entering top 30 for the first time in his career feat by recording a 6-2 6-4 win over Mayer.
Dimitrov needed just an hour and 17 minutes to seal the win.
He will now play Rafael Nadal, who cruised past Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-2, 6-4 on Thursday.
The Bulgarian will face Nadal for the second time, having lost to the 11-time major champion four years ago in Rotterdam.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award