Dimitrov Eases Past Mayer, Sets Up Clash with Nadal
Bulgarian rising star Grigor Dimitrov defeated German Florian Mayer in straight sets to reach the quarter finals of the Monte Carlo Masters on Thursday.
The youngster took a step nearer to entering top 30 for the first time in his career feat by recording a 6-2 6-4 win over Mayer.
Dimitrov needed just an hour and 17 minutes to seal the win.
He will now play Rafael Nadal, who cruised past Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-2, 6-4 on Thursday.
The Bulgarian will face Nadal for the second time, having lost to the 11-time major champion four years ago in Rotterdam.
- » Mohamed Salah: Liverpool Forward Voted PFA Player of the Year 2017-18
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!