8 Illegal Immigrants Detained near Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Officers of Bulgaria's Malko Tarnovo border crossing unit detained Thursday night eight Syrian nationals, according to reports of the Interior Ministry.
Ten illegal immigrants were detained during an operation of Bulgarian border police officers on Thursday evening, eight of them Syrian citizens with ID documents, and the other two, the leaders of the group, Turkish nationals.
According to preliminary reports of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry, the illegal smuggling operation was organized in Istanbul.
The Syrians paid EUR 2500 – 3000 each, depending on the final destination in the EU – Germany, Austria or Greece.
The group of Syrians and Turkish nationals were detected and detained in the area of the Kubarelova Vodenitsa by a border patrol.
The investigation into the case continues.
Meanwhile, four Syrian nationals were detained at the border police unit in Elhovo.
At around 8.30 pm on Thursday, the Integrated Surveillance and Control System helped detect a group of people near the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
Around an hour later, police officers detected a group of immigrants near the village of Prisadets.
The group consisted of three men, a woman and two children, all of them Syrian nationals.
The adults were detained at the Elhovo border police unit, while the woman and the children were taken to a specialized facility.
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han
- » Prosecutor Office to Reveal Details of the Case with the Detained Policemen in Rakovski
- » Policemen were Arrested in Rakovski
- » Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
- » Two People were Detained in London on Suspicion of Preparing an Attack