Bomb Threat Closes HQ of Bulgarian Socialist Party
A bomb threat closed the headquarters of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) in Sofia Wednesday afternoon.
The threat was received at around 4.30 pm at the press office of the opposition party.
According to reports of BSP, a man called at the HQ to say "We have planted a bomb at your HQ, we want to kill you."
Socialist party members referred the signal to the 112 emergency hotline and a team of police officers was shortly dispatched to check the building on Positano 20 Str.
Dentisa Zlateva, member of the Executive Board of BSP, commented that the signal had come as no surprise to her against the backdrop of the spate of bomb threats over the past 2-3 months, adding that the socialists would not be intimidated by it.
She noted that work at the BSP HQ continued as the party could not afford disruptions given the forthcoming May 12 parliamentary elections.
- » Bulgaria PM Takes Over Preparations for EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria's New Border Police Chief Takes Over after Public Tender Scanal
- » Bulgaria's Govt OKs Tightening Rules in Some Migrant Centers
- » Air Force Ex-Chief Challenges Bulgaria PM over Presidential Vote
- » Bulgarian Socialists Approve Presidential Nomination of Ex Air Force Chief
- » Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party to Name Presidential Pair on Oct 2
This is typical Commie propaganda aimed at smearing the BSP's opponents through innuendo - just like the Galeria bombings. Its a well worn path and with the BSP stuttering in the opinion polls its all starting to smack of desperation - expect similar ''threats against democracy'' in the coming few weeks....