2nd Bulgaria-Romania Bridge to Be Launched May Earliest
The second Danube Bridge connecting Bulgaria and Romania will be launched and operational in May at the earliest, according to Bulgarian Transport Minister Kristian Krastev.
Krastev told reporters that the bridge is yet to receive the so-called Act 15 and Act 16 certificates, which would confirm that the construction has been finished.
In February, officials stated that the so-called Danube Bridge 2 connecting Bulgaria's Vidin and Romania's Calafat would be inaugurated on May 9, the Day of Europe.
The road toll collection point on the bridge will be on Romanian territory and the revenues will be divided between the two countries proportional to the investments made.
Over 100 000 vehicles are expected to pass through the bridge each year.
- » Shells from Syria fall in Golan Heights
- » Dozens of families in Camden tower blocks refuse to leave
- » Arab states issue ultimatum to Qatar: close Jazeera, curb ties with Iran
- » London Evening Standard: Manslaughter charges could be brought over Grenfell blaze as every firm involved is reviewed
- » Macron-Merkel: We Didn’t Talk About Greece and That Is Good
- » Andrey Kovachev, CEDB/EPP: Guarantee for citizen security – main challenge at Brussels summit