Twilight's Kellan Lutz to Star in Bulgaria-Filmed Hercules
Twilight star Kellan Lutz has landed the lead role in the multimillion-dollar action epic Hercules 3D that is to be filmed in Bulgaria.
"It takes more than a good physique to portray the most legendary, mythological personality in history, and Kellan has exactly that: personality," director Renny Harlin has explained in an interview for The Hollywood Reporter.
"He's not afraid to explore the strengths and vulnerabilities of the character, and he impressed me with his passion and heart,” Harlin said.
The filming of Hercules 3D will begin next month.
The USD 70 M movie is expected have at its center a love story between the son of Zeus and the mortal princess of Crete, who was promised to his older brother despite her love for Hercules.
Sean Hood, Harlin and Giulio Steve wrote the script. Producing are Les Welden and Danny Lerner.
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals
- » Scorpions 50th Anniversary Tour to Include Sofia Concert on July 17
- » Sofia Film Fest 20th Edition to Take Place March10-31
- » Bulgaria's Pernik Hosts 25th Edition of Surva Masquerade Games
- » Bulgaria's Sofia to Host World Festival of Animated Film Jan 29-31
- » MENAR Film Festival Kicks Off in Sofia on January 14