Twilight's Kellan Lutz to Star in Bulgaria-Filmed Hercules
Twilight star Kellan Lutz has landed the lead role in the multimillion-dollar action epic Hercules 3D that is to be filmed in Bulgaria.
"It takes more than a good physique to portray the most legendary, mythological personality in history, and Kellan has exactly that: personality," director Renny Harlin has explained in an interview for The Hollywood Reporter.
"He's not afraid to explore the strengths and vulnerabilities of the character, and he impressed me with his passion and heart,” Harlin said.
The filming of Hercules 3D will begin next month.
The USD 70 M movie is expected have at its center a love story between the son of Zeus and the mortal princess of Crete, who was promised to his older brother despite her love for Hercules.
Sean Hood, Harlin and Giulio Steve wrote the script. Producing are Les Welden and Danny Lerner.
- » Gela Bagpipe Contest to Take Place This Weekend
- » New Fund to Raise Money for Culture in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo to Apply for UNESCO World Heritage
- » Pink Floyd to Release New Album in October?
- » New Music Festival Takes Place in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Opera in the Park Festival Begins in Bulgaria's Sofia