Bulgaria Braces for More Downpours on Monday
Code yellow has been declared in a total of 20 Bulgarian districts, as heavy downpours are expected to continue in the country on Monday.
The districts placed under code yellow are Pleven, Lovech, Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Stara Zagora, Yambol, Sliven, Burgas, Varna, Shumen, Dobrich, Silistra, Razgrad, Targovishte, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo and Ruse.
A rainfall of up to 20 liters per square kilometers is expected in these areas.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams