Bulgaria Braces for More Downpours on Monday
Code yellow has been declared in a total of 20 Bulgarian districts, as heavy downpours are expected to continue in the country on Monday.
The districts placed under code yellow are Pleven, Lovech, Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Stara Zagora, Yambol, Sliven, Burgas, Varna, Shumen, Dobrich, Silistra, Razgrad, Targovishte, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo and Ruse.
A rainfall of up to 20 liters per square kilometers is expected in these areas.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution
- » Sofia’s MBT Waste Processing Plant to Start Operating Monday