Bulgaria Declares Code Orange over Severe Downpours
Code orange has been declared for 8 regions in western, central and southern Bulgaria over heavy rains expected Sunday.
The warning is imposed on the greater Sofia region in the west, the Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Kardzhali regions in the south, and Garovo region in central Bulgaria.
Code orange means medium level of danger, with high probability of damages caused by weather phenomena.
All other Bulgarian regions, except Vidin and Silistra, have been placed under the weaker code yellow.
Rains are expected to continue through Monday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Bulgaria Advertised For Illegal Grizzly Bear Hunting
- » Yellow Dust Found All Across Sofia
- » Sun, Rain and Hails To Take Over Bulgaria
- » Thunderstorms Expected Across Bulgaria
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko