Bulgaria Declares Code Orange over Severe Downpours
Code orange has been declared for 8 regions in western, central and southern Bulgaria over heavy rains expected Sunday.
The warning is imposed on the greater Sofia region in the west, the Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Kardzhali regions in the south, and Garovo region in central Bulgaria.
Code orange means medium level of danger, with high probability of damages caused by weather phenomena.
All other Bulgarian regions, except Vidin and Silistra, have been placed under the weaker code yellow.
Rains are expected to continue through Monday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday
- » Air Pollution Kills More Than 18 100 in Bulgaria Every Year