Bulgaria Declares Code Orange over Severe Downpours
Code orange has been declared for 8 regions in western, central and southern Bulgaria over heavy rains expected Sunday.
The warning is imposed on the greater Sofia region in the west, the Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Kardzhali regions in the south, and Garovo region in central Bulgaria.
Code orange means medium level of danger, with high probability of damages caused by weather phenomena.
All other Bulgarian regions, except Vidin and Silistra, have been placed under the weaker code yellow.
Rains are expected to continue through Monday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers
- » EU’s Finance Ministers to Approve Flood Aid of EUR 10 M for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains Become Part Of Rewilding Europe Initiative
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister: Shale Gas Moratorium Will Remain in Place