Bulgaria Declares Code Orange over Severe Downpours
Code orange has been declared for 8 regions in western, central and southern Bulgaria over heavy rains expected Sunday.
The warning is imposed on the greater Sofia region in the west, the Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Kardzhali regions in the south, and Garovo region in central Bulgaria.
Code orange means medium level of danger, with high probability of damages caused by weather phenomena.
All other Bulgarian regions, except Vidin and Silistra, have been placed under the weaker code yellow.
Rains are expected to continue through Monday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food
- » 3.2-Magnitude Earthquake Registered 80km Away from Smolyan