Bulgaria Declares Code Orange over Severe Downpours
Code orange has been declared for 8 regions in western, central and southern Bulgaria over heavy rains expected Sunday.
The warning is imposed on the greater Sofia region in the west, the Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Kardzhali regions in the south, and Garovo region in central Bulgaria.
Code orange means medium level of danger, with high probability of damages caused by weather phenomena.
All other Bulgarian regions, except Vidin and Silistra, have been placed under the weaker code yellow.
Rains are expected to continue through Monday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Wind Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow in Northern Bulgaria over Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria's MPs Revoke Ban on Beach Camping
- » Lukoil Bulgaria Refinery to Get Fined over Air Pollution