Bulgaria Declares Code Orange over Severe Downpours
Code orange has been declared for 8 regions in western, central and southern Bulgaria over heavy rains expected Sunday.
The warning is imposed on the greater Sofia region in the west, the Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Kardzhali regions in the south, and Garovo region in central Bulgaria.
Code orange means medium level of danger, with high probability of damages caused by weather phenomena.
All other Bulgarian regions, except Vidin and Silistra, have been placed under the weaker code yellow.
Rains are expected to continue through Monday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Bulgaria's Govt Reverses Controversial National Park Plans
- » Environmenalists to Protest against Bulgaria's Interim Govt