Bulgaria Declares Code Orange over Severe Downpours
Code orange has been declared for 8 regions in western, central and southern Bulgaria over heavy rains expected Sunday.
The warning is imposed on the greater Sofia region in the west, the Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Kardzhali regions in the south, and Garovo region in central Bulgaria.
Code orange means medium level of danger, with high probability of damages caused by weather phenomena.
All other Bulgarian regions, except Vidin and Silistra, have been placed under the weaker code yellow.
Rains are expected to continue through Monday, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Weather Alert Issued throughout Bulgaria over Heavy Snow
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Ice on Roads in Several Regions
- » Greece Hit by 5-Magniture Earthquake
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds
- » Trump's Election Casts Doubt Over Paris Environmental Agreement