Russia: North Korea Situation Could Spiral Out of Control
Russia cautioned against aggressive posturing in response to increasingly inflamed North Korean rhetoric on Friday, saying that it could spiral into violence.
"We are alarmed that along with the adequate reaction from the UN Security Council and the collective reaction of the international community, unilateral action is being taken around North Korea that involves increased military activity," Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told reporters, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Lavrov warned of a "vicious circle" and told all sides to avoid unilateral action.
The Russian Foreign Minister did not single out any specific country, but urged all sides involved in the Korean standoff to refrain from muscle-flexing.
On Thursday, the North threatened to "settle accounts" and said it had put missiles on stand-by to hit the US.
The US, which flew stealth bombers over South Korea this month, condemned the North's "bellicose rhetoric."
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed
- » Oil Prices Sharply Increased the Reason for This Is the Threat of the United States to Impose New Sanctions on Venezuela
- » Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich has to Prove the Origin of his Money to Obtain a British Visa