Bulgaria Ups Monthly Retirement Pensions
Bulgaria's National Social Security Institute is presenting Friday the amendments to the Social Security Decrees which include the upcoming increase of retirement pensions.
According to NOI estimates, the average increase of retirement pensions in Bulgaria will be between BGN 5 and BGN 22 a month, while the minimum monthly pension is being upped to BGN 150.
The changes have already been discussed by the Three-Way Council between the labor unions, the business and the Cabinet. They will become effective on Monday, April 1.
The new thresholds, however, could become a hurdle for the so-called one-time energy assistance for the most disadvantaged as they will increase their income slightly above the one that would qualify them.
The caretaker Cabinet is making efforts to provide additional help for everyone whose monthly income is up to BGN 10 above the one qualifying the poor for energy assistance.
- » BNB Welcomes KTB Shareholders' Efforts to Work on Recovery Plan
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 10.5-Year Issue of BGN-Denominated Govt Securities at 3.12% Yield
- » KTB Shareholders Seek Sofia Meeting to Prepare Rescue Plan
- » KTB Can Be Rescued Without Special Law or Public Funds, Experts Agree
- » Corpbank Rescue Options to Be Discussed at BIA
- » Student Loans Most Popular Among Medical Students – Survey