Bulgaria Ups Monthly Retirement Pensions
Bulgaria's National Social Security Institute is presenting Friday the amendments to the Social Security Decrees which include the upcoming increase of retirement pensions.
According to NOI estimates, the average increase of retirement pensions in Bulgaria will be between BGN 5 and BGN 22 a month, while the minimum monthly pension is being upped to BGN 150.
The changes have already been discussed by the Three-Way Council between the labor unions, the business and the Cabinet. They will become effective on Monday, April 1.
The new thresholds, however, could become a hurdle for the so-called one-time energy assistance for the most disadvantaged as they will increase their income slightly above the one that would qualify them.
The caretaker Cabinet is making efforts to provide additional help for everyone whose monthly income is up to BGN 10 above the one qualifying the poor for energy assistance.
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Agree to Update State Budget
- » Bulgaria's Troubled Corpbank No Longer A Bidder for Hypo Alpe Adria
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Hold Extraordinary Sitting on Budget Update
- » GERB Party: Kalin Hristov Must Become Bulgarian National Bank Governor
- » Sofia Heating Utility CEO Dismissed over KTB Assets
- » Over BGN 1 B Withdrawn From Bulgarian Banks In June