Light Earthquake Registered near Bulgaria's Burgas
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.1 points on the Richter scale has been registered near the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas Wednesday afternoon.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 5 km, near the village of Sredets. The epicenter is located 24 km southwest of Burgas and 252 km south from the Romanian capital Bucharest.
The tremor happened at 1:09 pm.
There are no reports of casualties or damage.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues