Light Earthquake Registered near Bulgaria's Burgas
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.1 points on the Richter scale has been registered near the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas Wednesday afternoon.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 5 km, near the village of Sredets. The epicenter is located 24 km southwest of Burgas and 252 km south from the Romanian capital Bucharest.
The tremor happened at 1:09 pm.
There are no reports of casualties or damage.
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos