Light Earthquake Registered near Bulgaria's Burgas
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.1 points on the Richter scale has been registered near the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas Wednesday afternoon.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 5 km, near the village of Sredets. The epicenter is located 24 km southwest of Burgas and 252 km south from the Romanian capital Bucharest.
The tremor happened at 1:09 pm.
There are no reports of casualties or damage.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures