Light Earthquake Registered near Bulgaria's Burgas
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.1 points on the Richter scale has been registered near the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas Wednesday afternoon.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 5 km, near the village of Sredets. The epicenter is located 24 km southwest of Burgas and 252 km south from the Romanian capital Bucharest.
The tremor happened at 1:09 pm.
There are no reports of casualties or damage.
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in 5 Bulgarian Regions on Sunday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday