Bulgarian Rightist Leader Slams Resigned PM's 'Primitivism'
Bulgarian rightist Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party leader Ivan Kostov has criticized resigned PM Boyko Borisov for failing to handle the political crisis in Bulgaria.
"Boyko Borisov lives in his own world world of primitive heroism and his whole rule has reflected that," stated Kostov in an interview for bTV.
"A good politician should not get affected by slogans, but must rather listen carefully to messages issued by people," added the rightist leader.
According to Kostov, who was Bulgaria's PM 1997-2001, Borisov did not show he was able to respond to massive popular protests that have gripped Bulgaria for four weeks now.
"Politics must be done objectively. A PM must be a good arbiter among conflicting positions," commented Kostov.
He further stated that the coming caretaker cabinet must have 3 priorities: to spend less, to rein in the political and economic crisis, and to organize fair early elections in May.
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Approves 3 New Appointments
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Changes Port Burgas CEO
- » Bulgaria Should Prepare for Refugee Influx– Deputy Watchdog Chair
- » Bulgarian ex-Tsar to Appeal Tsarska Bistritsa Ruling
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Tsarska Bistritsa Declared State Property
- » Caretaker Minister Changes Bulgarian Posts, Railways Chiefs