Bulgarian Ethnic Turks Call for Govt of National Priorities
The alternative of the rule of the outgoing Cabinet is a government of national priorities, according to ethnic Turkish leader, Lyutvi Mestan.
Speaking Saturday from the city of Dobrich, the leader of the ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms, DPS, said his political formation believed in having in the next term an expert-politician Cabinet.
"For us a political party only government – one party or coalition – would not have much chance to finish the term," said Mestan.
On February 21, Bulgaria's Parliament approved the resignation of the government of Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, and his ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, amidst the unprecedented since 1997 protest rallies against the unbearable utility bills, the monopolies and the wide-spread poverty, which later turned into a civil unrest and political demands.
Snap general election is to be held May 12, just two months ahead of the regular date in July.
Mestan explained in Dobrich that on March 14, the leadership of DPS will adopt the criteria and the procedures for nominating its candidates for Members of the Parliament.
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi
- » Restaurants and Cafes do not Comply with the Smoking Ban
Peter, if you honestly believe that Mestan is anything more than a political opportunist then you are deluded. Mestan has been at the center of the corrupt Turkish party, stirred up racial tensions between ethnic Turks and Bulgarians and had his fat snout in the trough of greed and corruption for years.