Bulgaria's Envoy to Switzerland to Become Caretaker PM, Rumor Says
Rumors have it that Bulgaria's Ambassador to Switzerland, Meglena Plugchieva, is about to be appointed as her country's caretaker Prime Minister.
News website OFFnews.bg has claimed that Parliamentary Chair Tsetska Tsacheva will replace Plugchieva once she assumes the post.
Plugchieva a former Deputy Prime Minister in charge of the absorption of EU funds (2008-2009) and a former left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party MP. She was Bulgaria's Ambassador to Germany between 2004 and 2008.
A report emerged earlier on Friday that Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is conducting intensive negotiations with Ombudsman Konstantin Penchev for the latter's interim Prime Minister appointment.
The center-right government of Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and his Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, party resigned on February 20 amid protests against poverty and corruption.
Snap election is to be held May 12, just two months ahead of the regular date in July.
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: 78% of Regional Development Ministry Budget Spent in H1 2014
- » Witnesses Back Defendant in Bulgaria’s 2013 Illegal Ballot Papers Case
- » Liberals' Head Lyutvi Mestan Demands International Probe into KTB Affair
- » IntMin Employees to Stage Protest over Plans for Social Benefits Cut
- » Bulgaria Budget Miscalculated 'on Purpose' - President Plevneliev
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions, Employers’ Organizations to Boycott Tripartite Cooperation Council Meeting
Philippe is right, Fatty Plugchieva is one of the biggest crooks from the Stanishev government - this witch was personally responsible for administering the (stolen) agriculture funds (resulting in the EU freezing funding) as well as being totally incompetent and unable to spend EU funds granted resulting in Bulgaria having their funding reduced.
I hope these are rumours. She was vice minister of agriculture when the famous Sapard fraudes were set up. She knew all about it. Then Stanishev appointed her as minister to clean the EU funding frauds. She did nothing but securing her friends.
Poor Bulgaria! No one better?