Suicide Wave Shocks Bulgaria's Varna
A suicide wave has been reported in recent days in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna.
The latest incident occurred around 5 pm Thursday when a woman was killed by the express Sofia-Varna train. According to initial information, the incident has been a suicide with the woman jumping before the engine. She died on the spot.
The Bulgarian Standard daily informs the police has confirmed the incident and are probing it.
It this turns out to be indeed suicide, this would be the sixth such case in Varna in recent days.
At the beginning of the week, three people committed suicide by hanging themselves, while two others died after jumping from the Asparuhov Bridge.
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria Set to Continue on Good Friday
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria as People Embark on Trips for Easter
- » Bulgarian Media 'Partly Free' - Freedom House Report
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Soilwork Also Joins Kavarna Rock Fest 2016
- » Kavarna Rock Fest 2016: First 3 Bands Confirmed