Suicide Wave Shocks Bulgaria's Varna
A suicide wave has been reported in recent days in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna.
The latest incident occurred around 5 pm Thursday when a woman was killed by the express Sofia-Varna train. According to initial information, the incident has been a suicide with the woman jumping before the engine. She died on the spot.
The Bulgarian Standard daily informs the police has confirmed the incident and are probing it.
It this turns out to be indeed suicide, this would be the sixth such case in Varna in recent days.
At the beginning of the week, three people committed suicide by hanging themselves, while two others died after jumping from the Asparuhov Bridge.
- » At Least Three Dead, Two Heavily Injured in Pile-up on Bulgaria's Hemus Motorway
- » Average Life Expectancy in Bulgaria: 74 Years
- » Bulgarian Trumpeter Mihail Yossifov to Join Pink Martini at Sofia Concert
- » Bulgaria's Golden Rose Festival Starts Official Program
- » Twice Upon a Time in the West: Cardinale's First-Ever Role as Self
- » Bulgaria Submits First Nomination for Global Teacher Prize