Suicide Wave Shocks Bulgaria's Varna
A suicide wave has been reported in recent days in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna.
The latest incident occurred around 5 pm Thursday when a woman was killed by the express Sofia-Varna train. According to initial information, the incident has been a suicide with the woman jumping before the engine. She died on the spot.
The Bulgarian Standard daily informs the police has confirmed the incident and are probing it.
It this turns out to be indeed suicide, this would be the sixth such case in Varna in recent days.
At the beginning of the week, three people committed suicide by hanging themselves, while two others died after jumping from the Asparuhov Bridge.
- » Less Bulgarians Went on Holiday Abroad at End of 2014
- » Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
- » Bulgaria’s 2011-2013 Refugee Integration Strategy Was Total Failure – Audit Office
- » Greek Singer Demis Roussos Dies
- » Bulgaria Deputy Parliament Speaker Dies Aged 60
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko