Sofia Mayor Reiterates She Won't Become Bulgarian Caretaker PM
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, has reiterated that she will not become the country's caretaker Prime Minister.
Fandakova noted that she had work to do in Sofia and that she could not betray the voters who elected her by joining the caretaker Cabinet.
She also told Btv that measures will be taken regarding Sofia's heating utility that has been the target of much criticism on behalf of citizens.
Bulgaria's center-right GERB government resigned last month amidst massive protests triggered by poverty, corruption and shockingly high utility bills.
On Wednesday, President Rosen Plevneliev complained that all potential candidates for caretaker Prime Minister keep getting shot down by public criticism.
The President is supposed to appoint a caretaker cabinet in Bulgaria to be in charge of government affairs by the early elections on May 12, 2013.
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Not Commenting' Reports of Parliament Speaker's Presidential Nomination
- » EU Commission VP Accepts UN Top Job Nomination from Bulgaria
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Appointed Head of Bulgarian Electronic Management Agency
- » BSP, Lyava Balgariya To Start Discussions On Non-Confidence Vote
- » DPS Leader Karadayi: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Very Superficial Move
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination
Stupid Bulgarian TV hosts just mentioned most recent weeks this very infamous person as possible caretaker primeminister. It is disgusting. Bulgarian people is not aware of shady operations that involve "the third GERB person". A total of more than 16,000 roaming dogs were reportedly caught in Sofia under the Fandykova administration. But Bulgarians do not know what actually happen to all of these human's best friends and how they are dying. And what about draining money promoted by Mayor Fandykova? The GERB fundraising agency named "Ecoravnovesie Municipal Enterprise" was granted more than 7.5M in 2007-2012 as 2013 municipal budget provides 2.6M annual funding for Mayor Fandykova's dog removal industry. Shame on Mrs Fandykova and his menial journalists!